Optimizing fixed

Work continues on the terrain engine. I’ve managed to fix the holes left by the old optimization implementation. To reduce the number of vertices sent to the graphics card, the new system uses triangle fans for rendering. The result are somewhat amusing:

Holes fixed

Holes fixed

Close up:

One terrain fan

One terrain fan

I wrote a new rendering pipe to handle the triangle fans, so the renderer can now handle both fans and vertex arrays, even mixed in the same scene. 🙂 Works good, and looks good.

OK, the last few posts have all been about optimization and redusing the number of vertices. Now I’ll see if I can add something fun and cool! 🙂

-Knut

Advertisements

Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: